Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Notes from ICHG / ASHG 2011

Although it may be old news for anyone following the #ICHG2011 twitter feed, I figure there are still some people out there that might be interested in seeing my summary slides that I'll be presenting at a Bioinformatics Core group meeting to discuss what I learned at the conference (those slides are available here).

Generally speaking, I was very pleased with the number and variety of great speakers.  Plus, there were fun activities like a circus performance to open the conference and complementary poutine for lunch a couple days.  I kind of wish the conference was a day or two shorter and there were more activities / discussions to encourage networking among smaller groups of the attendees, but I think these are only minor concerns.

Overall, I would consider the conference to be a great success, and I am seriously considering attending next year in San Francisco!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have a question about your blog. Please email me!
    Thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I'd generally prefer to keep blog discussions in the comment thread. So, feel free to ask your question - maybe some else is thinking the same thing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
My Biomedical Informatics Blog by Charles Warden is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.